Our Cedar log railings are hand peeled and made from Eastern White Cedar. The rail length is fully adjustable on the job site to fit any deck. Railings have pre-drilled mortise inserts for the tenoned spindles, which makes assembly easy. To adjust rail lengths on site, simply cut the 2 7/8″ top and bottom rails to the desired length, and insert the rail into the 2 7/8″ mortise in the posts.
Cedar Log Railing Specifications
- Hand peeled Eastern White Cedar
- 6′ (10 spindles) or 8′ (13 spindles) can easily be trimmed down to specific lengths on site
- 2 7/8″ diameter top and bottom rails, with mortise holes spaced 6.5″ on center
- 2 7/8″ diameter, 27″ tall, tenoned spindles (plus 1.5″ x 1.5″ tenons)
- 32″ from top (of top rail) to the bottom (of the bottom rail)
- 45″ maximum top rail height when installed on predrilled posts
- 6′, or 8′ undrilled handrails are also available.
This rail system is customer and builder friendly and looks great with our 5/4″ cedar decking.