Pine 8″ log siding is our most popular and economical choice for pine log siding, which is perfect for those who want the look of a pine log home without building with full logs. To complete this look, consider adding matching false, butt and pass style log corners. T&G log siding is superior to shiplap log siding because you can blind nail in the tongue, leaving no exposed nails on the face of the siding!
Pine 8″ Log Siding Specifications
- Made by The Wood Mill of Maine
- High Quality Eastern White Pine Log Siding
- Rounded face for the look of a full log
- 7 1/8″ face (14 courses for 8′ walls)
- Matching 6×8″ butt and pass style false corners available
- Tongue & Groove (also available as shiplap by request)
- Random Length 8′ – 16′
- Kiln Dried
- Smooth Finsih
- No caulk required
- Zero Waste*
Pine 8″ Log Siding Installation
As with any of our log siding products, proper installation and finishing are key to protecting the siding from moisture absorption and UV degradation.
- Keep the log siding in a dry area to prevent it from picking up moisture before installation.
- After hanging all of the siding, lightly power wash with Log Wash to clean the surface and gently raise the grain so it will better absorb the stain or finish.
- While no caulk is required, we do recommend using Energy Seal around windows, doors and other openings. This will help prevent water from getting behind the siding over time.
- Once the log siding is clean, use a high quality primer, stain andclear topcoat for the best protection. We highly recommend using the Lifeline series of products from Perma-Chink Systems.
*All of our products are “zero waste.” This means you only pay for good usable product.