Pine 8″ log siding is our most popular and economical choice for pine log siding, which is perfect for those who want the look of a pine log home without building it with full logs. To complete this look, consider adding matching false, butt and pass style log corners. Our siding is available in both T&G and shiplap profiles. However, we recommend T&G because of the fact that you can blind nail through the tongue, leaving no exposed nails on the face of the siding. Which gives you a much cleaner look.
Pine 8″ Log Siding Specifications
- Made by The Wood Mill of Maine
- High quality eastern white pine
- Rounded face for the look of a full log
- 7 1/8″ face (14 courses for 8′ walls)
- Matching 6×8″ butt and pass style false corners available
- Tongue & Groove (also available as shiplap by request)
- Random length 8′ – 16′ ( 10% discount if we can include 6′ )
- Kiln dried
- Smooth finish
- No caulk required
- Zero waste*
Pine 8″ Log Siding Installation
As with all of our log siding products, proper installation and finishing ( Q8 log oil ) are key to protecting the siding from moisture absorption and UV degradation.
- Keep the log siding in a dry area to prevent it from picking up moisture before installation.
- After hanging all of the siding, lightly power wash with Log Wash to clean the surface and gently raise the grain so it will better absorb the stain or finish.
- While no caulk is required, we do recommend using Energy Seal around windows, doors and other openings. This will help prevent water from getting behind the siding over time.
- Once the log siding is clean, use a high quality primer, stain and clear topcoat for the best protection. We highly recommend using Outlast Q8 log oils.
*All of our products are “zero waste.” This means you only pay for a good usable product.